STUDENT TRAVEL SUPPORT PROGRAM
Eligibility and Requirements
Eligible Applicants may apply for the Student Travel Support program or for the Travel Support program for the Developing Countries, but NOT for both programs simultaneously.To apply, students must download the Student Travel Form (click here to download), fill it in, convert it into the PDF format, and upload it through PaperPlaza.
Please follow the following two steps when in PaperPlaza.
Step 1: select "Submit a contribution to 2009 MSC"
Step 2: select "First Submissions: Student Travel Form"
In the form, the Student Applicant will be requested to provide the following information:
1. Name (Last Name, First Name, and possibly Middle Initial)
2. IEEE (and Control System Society) membership number and years of membership
4. Institutional Address
5. Advisor's Name
6. Advisor's Phone/Fax/E-mail
7. Session/Title of the Paper to be presented (please provide the paper number and the code that identifies the day and the session in which the paper is scheduled)
8. Additional papers (if any)
9. History of prior support from similar support programs
10. Type of registration needed (regular/student)
11. Amount of additional support requested, if any (actual support will depend on the number of applicants and funds available) by specifying the individual items on the budget that make up for the final amount requested
12. A paragraph of justification for the request of financial support, particularly if regular registration is requested.
To complete the application procedure, the Studentís Advisor must contact via e-mail Professor Sandra Hirche, Chair of Student Activities Committee of the IEEE Control Systems Society (email@example.com), and provide her with the following information:
1. Certification that the applicant is currently enrolled as a student and is planning to attend and present a paper at the MSC 2009.
2. Short message of support of the Studentís application.
A student application not accompanied by the Advisorís support letter will not be considered for support.
Deadlines and Award Notification (dates possibly subject to changes Ė please, check later on):
The Chair of Student Activities Committee can provide an official letter confirming the receipt of the award, if required.
If additional support, beyond registration, is awarded, original receipts will be needed for reimbursement. Details and procedures regarding reimbursement will be distributed, if needed.
Conditions of the Award